In today’s era, digital marketing is very important, and it is the most widely used way of promoting a brand, product, or any service through websites, social media, television, and telephone or by any other technological means of communication.
Digital marketing is a broad concept where SEO is a part of it or it is a technique or strategy obtained by digital marketing companies to improve the ranking of the business website.
In this competitive market, it is very essential to keep the business at the top, and to move ahead in the business it is very important to use digital marketing and one of the important strategies of digital marketing is SEO.
A good ranking website will pull good traffic to the website as a result, it will improve the ranking of the website and thus it will increase the visibility of the website and thus it is very important to use SEO in digital marketing.
Below are a few points that prove SEO to be an important part of digital marketing –
- A user always prefers high-ranking websites and also it was found out that a user always clicks the website that appears on the first page of the search engine results and thus it can be seen that the SEO technique will increase customers to the website.
- SEO technique will bring your website among the top ranking websites and thus using SEO in digital marketing will help in successful digital marketing of your website.
- A good SEO will fetch in relevant customers and it will increase the credibility of the website. In today’s world increasing the credibility of the website is a very important aspect.
What is SEO?
SEO means search engine optimization. An SEO technique is applied to make your website appear on the first page of the search engine result page. When a user types the relevant keyword or any specific query, the result of the query pops up on the first page of the search engine result pages.
If your website ranks on the first page of the search engine result page then it is beneficial as it can drive customers to your website resulting in more conversion of leads to sales.
SEO is the best way to drive traffic to the website through a free and organic search engine result.
To get a good ranking in the search engine result pages, it is also very important to have good content on your website and also the load speed of the website.
As we all know a user always likes to browse the page that loads faster and those sites that are compatible with all the devices. So it is a very important aspect to keep in mind.
Thus SEO helps and ensures that a website is accessible, technically good, and provides a good user experience by having good content that matches with the search engine algorithm.
Good SEO also gives importance in link building as some search engines like Google give due importance to it while ranking the websites.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO involves targeting the local audience for your local business. It helps businesses with physical stores and marked geographical location.
When a user types any location-specific query, the search engine gets the user all the information related to it with local relevance.
Local SEO is mostly used by small businesses and the ranking of the website mainly depends on the distance and prominence.
Fundamentals to improve local SEO-
- The first and foremost tip to improve the local SEO is to register your business with Google My Business Profile. It is important to list your business by completing the essential business information and keeping it up to date like the category of business, its operation timings, and its contact details. NAP details, i.e. Name, Address and Phone number provided should be accurate. It is always advisable to update the logo of your business and it has always been proved to be more effective.
- Use the content in your website with local keywords with Google keyword planner which is relevant for your local customers.
- Create content basing on the interest and requirement of your local audience. You can always use local words in the contents of your website. You can also create content using local events, cultures, festivals relevant to your business.
- It is also important to emphasize reviews by building local customer reviews on Google My Business reviews. You can encourage the customers or request them to give feedback and review your business and then mandatorily you need to reply to their reviews. These reviews always help in acquiring more customers.
- Make the website user friendly and should be compatible with all the devices. It should not be only desktop-centric. Nowadays the website must be mobile-friendly. The users like to open a website that is compatible with all the devices.
- It is also essential to give importance to the speed of the page. It is very important to have a high-speed loading website. Nobody likes to browse a slow loading page as it is time-consuming. So it is always better to have a high-speed loading website.
- Link building is the easiest way of getting organic ranking. The popularity of your website will bring in more traffic to your website.
- It is always advisable to have a listing of your business in the local online directories. It should contain the Name, address, and phone number of your business. Customers always rely on the local directories.
Henceforth, local SEO is a set of strategies or a plan of action specially designed to improve the existence of the local businesses online and it is the strategy obtained to improve the ranking of your business on the search engine result page when a user searches for the same business or service with the same geographical location.
Local SEO is useful for small businesses with a physical store. Thus, local SEO is one of the vital aspects of digital marketing.
Read more at about local SEO at Moz